Friday, March 30, 2007

Oh... and where am I traveling...

My friend from Northwestern, Brennan, arrives in Johannesburg this evening. We're off for 2 weeks. Oddly enough, my roommate from Northwestern, Tony, also happens to be in Africa right now on a Management project for his MBA program at U Chicago, and as luck would have it, has been working with a bank in Johannesburg for these last few days. The 3 of us are all going out tonight in Joburg... from Evanston to South Africa, the world is a small place.

Week 1 of my travels includes Joburg, down to Cape Town, drive the Garden Route (stops in the Winelands of Stellenbosch, then to Knysna, Tsitsikamma National Park, Jeffrey's Bay) to Port Elizabeth, then fly back up to Durban and drive out to the Drakensberg Mountains before returning to Joburg...

... where we will meet Brennan's girlfriend for Week 2 - 4 day safari through Botswana's Okavango Delta, Moremi Game Reserve, and Chobe National Park. And finishing off in Zimbabwe and Zambia at Victoria Falls.

I realize how fortunate I am to take in all of these places, especially to top off an experience like this! Come to southern Africa, you will not regret it! So much to see and do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Give yourself, Bren and Tony big hugs from me!